The pathetic man's getting creepier. He's inviting his neighbour kids inside his house and offering to pump up the tyres on their bikes... I saw it on my way to work. He's still being very horrible to us. It's probably that they're his next door neighbours and we're the over the road nuisances that park an inch over his driveway "blocking him in".
Except that next week, as I'm playing my banjo (Fields of Athenry, repeatedly, but have you heard that song? It's just great!), I see the wife going out with that Yorkie dog and taking it down to the hotel down the road from me again. The man hates the song, as he was painting his garage door and when I was playing I'm Shipping Up to Boston, State of Massachusetts, Time to Go, Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ye, Eye of the Tiger (I know how to play music! It's a frigging banjo, not a fiddle!) and others, he didn't seem to mind. But Fields of Athenry? Man, that set him off quicker than a bad cook's smoke alarm. Bingo. I've found his Kryptonite.
As I carried on playing, he kept staring at me, sitting on my OWN wall, playing my OWN banjo. He hates that song. Time to use it against him.
No comments:
Post a Comment